Information we get when you use our service
Your redemption information: When you use the site we will collect information about how you use our site. For example, when you redeem a voucher we’ll record details of the offer, the date and time and the device you’ve redeemed it on (including details such as your IP address and IDFA / Advertising identifier, as described below). We’ll use this information to personalise the offers we show you in future.
Contact information: if you sign up to receive a personalised newsletter from us on this website, we collect your email address when you provide it.
Your IDFA/Advertising Identifier
We also collect, where provided, your device's IDFA/Advertising Identifier which is an identifier provided by your operating system. We may pass this identifier to a third party partner for purposes of providing accurate and relevant advertising across various operating systems and devices and to analyse the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Details of how to opt out of IDFA/AAID data sharing can be found on your mobile device operating settings.
How your information is used
To optimise our content: One of the main ways we use your redemption information is to monitor which offers are being used so we can optimise the offers that we provide to you and to other customers.
Directly communicating with Mumsnet Discounts: when you send an email or other communication to Mumsnet Discounts, we may retain the communication in order to respond appropriately to such communications.
To send you communications you have signed up for: if you sign up for our personalised newsletter or notifications from our site, we use your information to provide those communications. We only send these communications with your consent.
To personalise the content you receive: By collecting data on your activities on our website we’ll be able to better understand the types of offers that you’re interested in. We’ll then present the most relevant offers for you on our website, in push notifications and in email newsletters if you have signed up to receive them. We analyse the sorts of offers you have looked at in the past and the sorts of offers that similar customers like to see, and show you those sorts of offers.
To provide insight: Our use of technologies, including Segment.io and Google Analytics enables us to gather statistical information about how people use our site and application. As well as using this to improve what we do, we also share it with the brands we work with to give them feedback. The information we share will not identify you personally, it is statistical data and does not include any personal details which directly identify you whatsoever. We take steps to aggregate that information so you cannot be singled out.
We may also collect, use and store your personal information for the following additional reasons:
- to deal with any enquiries or issues you have about how we collect, store and use your personal information, or any requests made by you for a copy of the information we hold about you. If we do not have a contract with you, we may process your personal information for these purposes where it is in our legitimate interests for customer services purposes;
- for internal corporate reporting, business administration, ensuring adequate insurance coverage for our business, ensuring the security of company facilities, research and development, and to identify and implement business efficiencies. We may process your personal information for these purposes where it is in our legitimate interests to do so;
- to comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to us – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to comply, as well as where we are legally required to do so; and
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where we are legally required to do so.
Legal Basis for Processing
- our use of your personal information is necessary for complying with our legal obligations (for example, for health and safety purposes); or
- where neither (a) nor (b) apply, use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to ensure the security of our website). Our legitimate interests are to:
- run, grow and develop our business;
- operate our website
- carry out marketing, market research and business development;
- place, track and ensure fulfilment of orders with our suppliers; and
- for internal group administrative purposes
How and why we share your personal information with others
We may share your personal information with our group companies where it is in our legitimate interests to do so for internal administrative purposes (for example, for corporate strategy, compliance, auditing and monitoring, research and development and quality assurance). We will share your personal information with the following third parties or categories of third parties:
- we may share anonymised and aggregated statistical information with our suppliers and partners to demonstrate what interest there has been in any marketing campaigns we have assisted our suppliers in carrying out;
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where it is in our legitimate interests to do so to run, grow and develop our business:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if substantially all of our or any of our affiliates' assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, any lawful request from government or law enforcement officials and as may be required to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or prevent illegal activity;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Invitation Digital Limited, our staff, our customers or other persons. This may include exchanging personal information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also disclose and use anonymised, aggregated reporting and statistics about users of our website or our goods and services for the purpose of internal reporting or reporting to our group or other third parties, and for our marketing and promotion purposes. None of these anonymised, aggregated reports or statistics will enable our users to be personally identified. Save as expressly detailed above, we will never share, sell or rent any of your personal information to any third party without notifying you and, where necessary, obtaining your consent. If you have given your consent for us to use your personal information in a particular way, but later change your mind, you should contact us and we will stop doing so.
How we store your information
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims
- Deal with any complaints regarding the services
- Enforce our commercial agreements.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
The main risk of our processing of your personal information is if it is lost, stolen or misused. This could lead to your personal information being in the hands of someone else who may use it fraudulently or make public, information that you would prefer to keep private. For this reason, we are committed to protecting your personal information from loss, theft and misuse. We take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including through the use of appropriate organisational and technical measures. In the course of provision of your personal information to us, your personal information may be transferred over the internet. Although we make every effort to protect the personal information which you provide to us, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website and that any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access to it.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. If you would like further information in relation to these or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us via email at our contact form at any time. You have the following rights:
- Right of access. You have a right of access to any personal information we hold about you. You can ask us for a copy of your personal information; confirmation as to whether your personal information is being used by us; details about how and why it is being used; and details of the safeguards which are in place if we transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA").
- Right to update your information. You have a right to request an update to any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect.
- Right delete your information. You have a right to ask us to delete any personal information which we hold about you in certain specific circumstances. You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us using the details below. We will pass your request onto other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can ask us who the recipients are, using the contact details below.
- Right to restrict the use of your information. You have a right to ask us to restrict the way that we process your personal information in certain specific circumstances. You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us using the details below. We will pass your request onto other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can ask us who the recipients are using the contact details below.
- Right to data portability. You have a right to ask us to provide your personal information to a third party provider of services. This right only applies where we use your personal information on the basis of your consent or performance of a contract; and where our use of your information is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object. You have a right to ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information where we process your personal information on the basis of our or another person's legitimate interest. We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within one month of your request unless we tell you we are entitled to a longer period under applicable law). Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, for example if we need to keep using the information to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you to provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
Our website and services are not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a child under the age of 13 and we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personal information from you from our websites, or from any other source, then we will delete that information as soon as possible. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are aware that we may have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13.
Where we may transfer your personal information
- in the case of US based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield (see further https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome); or
- in the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
- Further details on the steps we take to protect your personal information, in these cases is available from us on request by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Cookies and similar technologies
What cookies do we use?
Functional Cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into the secure areas of our website and those that personalise your experience on the site.
Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Advertising cookies: these cookies are used to display tailored advertisements on this Website or on those of third parties. They may collect a de-identified, non-human readable version of your email address for matching to other data about you to improve the relevance of online advertising and may also collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Changes to this Policy